Start building your time to Captain faster. Your Experience Counts! We've upgraded experienced first officers in less than a year!
Average time on reserve for our first officers is ranging between 2-4 months from the completion of training!
Get paid and earn seniority while you obtain your ATP-CTP Written!
Unlike our competition, Mesa Airlines does not have 50 seat or less aircraft to park!
| Most Junior Captain By Crew Base:
|| Most Junior First Officer By Crew Base:
|DFW: September 2015
IAD: September 2015
IAH: November 2014
PHX: April 2013
|DFW: New Hire Base
IAD: New Hire Base
IAH: New Hire Base
PHX: February 2016
Updated October 2016. Based on current roster post completion of training.
Our fleet of large regional jets has grown to 128 with 5 more scheduled for delivery in 2016...yes, our fleet doubled in two years and we expect to continue our growth. We’re the only regional airline with no small aircraft to park and our codeshare agreements are among the longest in the industry. We understand your career goals. For job stability and a quick path to upgrade, apply now. It is a great time to join Mesa Airlines!
- Pilots hired at Mesa Airlines receive a Airline Transport Pilot type rating upon completion of initial training (CL-65 or EMB170/190)
- Pilots receive unlimited travel benefits including jumpseat agreements.
- Family members (spouse, domestic partner, dependents, and parents) also receive travel benefits on our code share partners
- Mesa Airlines offers competitive medical and dental benefits, vision, life, 401K and travel benefits with our code-share partners
- ATP flight instructors receive tuition reimbursement Learn more
- ATP-CTP course provided by Mesa Airlines for those pilots who qualify
Mesa pilots are initially assigned to a hub city based on current openings in seniority order
- Phoenix (PHX)
- Dallas (DFW)
- Washington Dulles (IAD)
- Houston (IAH)
Electronic Flight Bag
- Mesa Airlines was the FIRST airline approved for Electronic Flight Bag usage for all phases of flight
- All manuals and charts are issued electronically at no cost via a pilot provided iPad
- Each pilot is required to have an iPad (2, 3, 4, Air, or Air2) prior to simulator training
- Pilots will receive FULL monthly guarantee pay from the start of training
- Ground Training is conducted at the Mesa Airlines' Training Center in Phoenix, Arizona.
- The Company provides single-occupancy lodging during training
Mesa pilots with less than four (4) years longevity are required to execute a training agreement as a condition for entering into initial, upgrade or transition training.The aircraft assigned determines the promissory note amount. The duration of the note is one year, which prorates equally over the 12-month period. If the obligations of the note are not satisfied, the balance, if any, is then payable by the pilot to the Company.
Mesa Airlines recognizes the skills associated with helicopter flying. Rotary Wing time may be included in Total Time, but the applicant must meet the 100 hour Multi-Engine, Fixed Wing requirement.
Apply through Airline Apps
Apply through Mesa Airlines (Free)
Accommodation for Applicants With Disabilities: Mesa Airlines, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation in its application process for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you have difficulty using our online system due to a disability and need an accommodation, you may email us at HRADMIN@mesa-air.com or alternatively send a fax to 602-685-4350. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as the subject line of your email or as the title of your fax document.
Candidates who have previously interviewed for a Flight Officer position are required to wait a minimum of six months before reapplying.
As an equal opportunity employer, Mesa Airlines recognizes that our strength lies in our people.