*Mesa Air Group is currently hiring for immediate openings to support our expansion with US Airways. You may submit an application online by choosing one of the following:
Begin a New Pilot Application or Update a Pilot Application
Thank you for your interest in a Flight Officer position with Mesa Airlines. Our pilots fly Canadair Regional Jets (200/700/900) as United Express, US Airways Express, and go! Airlines.
To be considered for a pilot position, all applicants must meet the qualifications listed below to continue the application process. Our team evaluates online applications as needed and extends interview invitations on a competitive basis. Each candidate is evaluated on quality of flight training, operational experience and quantity of hours flown before an interview invitation is extended.
- 1500 hours Total Flight Time
- 500 hours Cross Country Time
- 100 hours Total Night Time
- 100 hours Multi Engine Time, Fixed Wing
- 250 hours of Pilot in Command Time
- 100 hours of Instrument time
- Commercial Pilot Certificate with Multi Engine and Instrument ratings
- Current FAA First Class Medical Certificate
- Instrument current with ability to demonstrate proficiency
- ATP Written
- FCC Restricted Radiotelephone Operator Permit
- Current Valid Passport
- At least 23 years of age
- Legally authorized to work in the United States of America
- Able to pass security background check and FAA mandated drug test
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to read and speak English language
- 2000 hours Total Time*
- 350 hours Multi Engine, Fixed Wing
- At least 100 hours logged in the preceding six months
- Current flying job
- 121/155 flight experience
- 4-year college degree
- Three letters from pilots who can attest to applicant’s flying skills, having flown with applicant previously
Pilots are paid per flight hour as negotiated between the Air Line Pilots Association and the Company in accordance with the provisions of the Railway Labor Act. The Contract stipulates minimum pay of 75.83 flight hours per month. Current first year First Officer pay is $22.18 per flight hour for Regional Jets. All pilots are paid on the basis of scheduled block time or actual block times whichever is greater.
Ground Training is conducted at the Mesa Air Group Training Center in Phoenix, Arizona. Training is free and all pilots are paid the minimum pay guarantee from the start of training. Mesa Air Group pays for lodging during training. Mesa Air Group pilots with less than four (4) years longevity are required to execute a training agreement as a condition for entering into initial, upgrade or transition training. The aircraft assigned determines the promissory note amount. The duration of the note is one year, which prorates equally over the 12-month period. If the obligations of the note are not satisfied, the balance, if any, is then payable by the pilot to the Company.
Mesa Air Group pilots are initially assigned to a domicile as needed by the Company operations. Relocation is at the employee’s expense.
New hire pilots are assigned to reserve flying, depending on the needs of the individual domiciles, and must be available during the hours as indicated by the reserve schedule assigned. Reserve line holders must be able to report to duty within a minimum of 1-½ hours. Reserve lines guarantee 11 days off per month.
Mesa Airlines offers competitive medical and dental benefits, vision, life, 401K and travel benefits with our code-share partners.
Candidates who have previously interviewed for a Flight Officer position are required to wait a minimum of six months before reapplying.
*Mesa Airlines recognize the skills associated with helicopter flying. Rotary Wing time may be included in Total Time, but the applicant must meet the 100 hours Multi Engine, Fixed Wing requirement.