We are Landing in Houston...Get Onboard Now!
Houston Pilot Open Houses
On October 28 and 29, our pilot recruiting department will be in Houston hosting informational open houses.
IAH Open House
Houston Airport Marriott
George Bush Intercontinental Airport
18700 John F. Kennedy Blvd.
10 a.m. until 7 p.m.
For information call:
Click here for details
*Mesa Air Group is currently hiring for immediate openings to support our growth with American Airlines/US Airways and United Airlines. To submit an online application, choose one of the following:
Begin a New Pilot Application or Update a Pilot Application
Thank you for your interest in a Flight Officer position with Mesa
Airlines. Our pilots fly Canadair Regional Jets (700/900) as United
Express and American/US Airways Express and Embraer E175s as United
To be considered for a Mesa Airlines pilot position, applicants must meet the qualifications listed below to continue the application process. Our pilot recruitment team carefully evaluates all online applications and extends interview invitations on a competitive basis. Each candidate is evaluated on quality of flight training, operational experience and quantity of hours flown before an interview invitation is extended.
Qualifications (ATP Minimums)
- 1500 hours Total Flight Time (or anticipated before potential training class assignment)
- 500 hours Cross Country Time
- 100 hours Total Night Time
- 50 hours Multi Engine Time, Fixed Wing
- 250 hours of Pilot in Command Time, Fixed wing
- 100 hours of Instrument time
- Commercial Pilot Certificate with Multi Engine and Instrument ratings
- Current FAA First Class Medical Certificate
- Ability to demonstrate instrument proficiency
- ATP Written
- FCC Restricted Radiotelephone Operator Permit
- Current Valid Passport
- At least 23 years of age
- Legally authorized to work in the United States of America
- Able to pass security background check and FAA mandated drug test
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to read and speak English language
Restricted ATP Requirements (Total Time)
- Military – 750 Hours
- Four-Year Degree from approved aviation program – 1,000 Hours
- Two-Year Degree from approved aviation program – 1,250 Hours
- At least 21 Years of Age – 1,500 Hours
- 200 Hours Cross Country Time
- All other ATP Requirements Apply
*Mesa Airlines recognizes the skills associated with helicopter flying. Rotary Wing time may be included in Total Time, but the applicant must meet the 100 hours Multi Engine, Fixed Wing requirement
Ground Training is conducted at the Mesa Air Group Training Center in Phoenix, Arizona. Training is free and all pilots are paid the minimum pay guarantee from the start of training. Mesa Air Group provides single occupancy lodging during training. Mesa Air Group pilots with less than four (4) years longevity are required to execute a training agreement as a condition for entering into initial, upgrade or transition training. The aircraft assigned determines the promissory note amount. The duration of the note is one year, which prorates equally over the 12-month period. If the obligations of the note are not satisfied, the balance, if any, is then payable by the pilot to the Company.
Mesa Air Group pilots are initially assigned to a domicile based on current openings in seniority order. Relocation is at the employee’s expense.
Mesa domiciles are:
- Phoenix (PHX)
- Dallas (DFW)
- Washington Dulles (IAD)
- Houston (IAH)
*While we anticipate there may be new domiciles in the future, timing and location are unknown at this time. We will update this list when new domiciles are added.
Electronic Flight Bag
All manuals and Charts are issued electronically via a pilot provided iPad. Each pilot is required to have an iPad (2, 3, 4 or 5) prior to simulator training.
Mesa Airlines offers competitive medical and dental benefits, vision, life, 401K and travel benefits with our code-share partners. Pilot travel benefits begin 15 days after employment.
Candidates who have previously interviewed for a Flight Officer position are required to wait a minimum of six months before reapplying.